Free Download Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver For Windows 10/8/7 32/64 Bit and For Mac OS – The Canon Pixma MP980 is a capable all-in-one device that prints, faxes, and copies documents in full color 4,800×9,600-pixel resolution, thanks to a unique six color ink bay that includes a special gray cartridge for more distinct grayscale photo prints. The MP980 lends a hand to amateur photo enthusiasts with a large 3.5-inch LCD screen, an easy-to-use control panel, and a media card reader, but we’re unsatisfied with the difficult wireless setup, the slower-than-average output speeds, and the inflated price.
The Pixma MP980 from Canon is the latest in the MP series, and the first with a new gray ink to improve black and white output as well as shadow detail. The inks are the same ChromaLife 100 found in their dedicated Pixma printers like the Pro9000. This is a six ink printer with cyan, magenta, yellow, black, gray, and pigment black. The pigment is only used in text mode documents. 802.11b&g wireless are supported, and you can add an optional Bluetooth unit. Like most printers in this class, printing directly from memory cards or via PictBridge is also supported, and the printer has a number of built-in image adjustment features.
Thankfully, scanning is a strong point of the MP980. The unit boasts a maximum scan resolution of 4800x9600dpi and the unit can be used to scan 35mm slides and film negatives. Quality is superb, with great colour accuracy and unrivalled detail. The unit doesn’t show any bias in terms of brightness and contrast, and produces an accurate and balanced representation of the source image. For digitising traditional film and slides, as well as standard document scanning, the unit does a great job.
Canon PIXMA MP980 Specifications
|Max color resolution||9600 x 2400 dpi|
|Max B/W resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Droplet size||1 pl|
|Photo print speed||20 sec(4″x 6″)|
|Ink type||Pigment + Dye-based|
|Scanner type||Color flatbed|
|Max optical resolution||2400 x 4800 dpi|
|Scanner color depth||48-bit|
|Dimensions||18.5 x 7.9 x 15.2″ (470 x 201 x 386 mm)|
The Canon Pixma MP980 multifunction printer, copier, and scanner are a step up from its predecessor, but the print quality isn’t up to standard and it doesn’t perform as quickly as the competition. The HP Photosmart Premium Fax all-in-one is a less expensive alternative that adds value with a fax machine and faster, higher quality output.
Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver Download For Windows
Windows Compatible System
Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
|MP980 series Mini Master Setup||21.43 MB||Download|
|MP980 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03||15.65 MB||Download|
|MP980 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.28||9.35 MB||Download|
How to Download and Install Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver For Windows
Download / Installation Procedures
IMPORTANT: Be sure to connect your PC to the Internet while performing the following:
- Click the link, select [ Save ], specify “Save As”, then click [ Save ] to download the file.
- The downloaded file will be saved in the specified place in the self-extracting form (.exe format ).
- Double-click the downloaded .exe file. It will be decompressed and the Setup screen will be displayed. Follow the instructions to install the software and perform the necessary settings.
Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver Download For Mac OS
Mac Compatible systems :
macOS 10.14.x, macOS 10.13.x, macOS 10.12.x, Mac OS X 10.11.x, Mac OS X 10.10.x, Mac OS X 10.9.x, Mac OS X 10.8.x, Mac OS X 10.7.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x
|MP980 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.84.2.0||14.34 MB||Download|
|MP980 series Scanner Driver Ver. 14.11.4a||13.84MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 3.1.0||8.53MB||Download|
How to Download and Install Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver For Mac OS
Procedures for the download and installation
- Click the link. The download will start automatically.
- Files will be saved on the computer desktop.
- Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the .pkg file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
More Drivers : Canon PIXMA MP970 Driver Download
How to Unistall Printer Driver In Your PC
After uninstalling or deleting a printer in Windows, the driver for it is not fully uninstalled. You would like to know how to manually remove the driver files.
To manually remove a printer driver:
- Click the Start menu and in the search field type “print management.”
- On the left side of the Print Management window, select the “All
- If present, right-click the unwanted printer and choose “Delete.”
- On the left side of the Print Management window, select the “All Drivers” folder.
- Right-click the unwanted printer and choose “Remove Driver Package.”
- Note: Using the “Remove Driver Package” option will clear all driver installation files for that device, leaving no reference to the printer that Windows could possibly use to auto-reinstall again.
Thank you for downloading printer drivers on Epsoncanon.com, don’t forget to visit again if you need a variety of other printer drivers because we will always update the latest printer drivers for Epson and Canon on this website.